Your Ad Here

Get email alerts on your mobile

Filed under: by: The Geekie

Sorry buddies for resuming to blogging so late......This is how recession made me upset :(

Anyways I am back with a new tech post.

With a hope that my readers are aware of Way2sms, India's popular free sms portal , I continue this post.

As I always say that web is gradually making our life easier by or other means.

I used to ask myself whether it is always required to go cafe and check my inbox for any new mails???? :O

Now Way2sms has introduced mail alerts option.Just create a new mail id @waysms.com . This account is linked to your cell phone. Once a mail drops in the your inbox, you get a sms from Way2sms with the subject as the sms content.

But most of us use Gmail service. No need to worry.Thanks to flexibility of Way2sms.

Follow these steps
1- Create an account in www.way2sms.com
2- Now you will get your mobile number linked with a mail id ,say, xxxxx@way2sms.com.
3- Open Gmail
4- Go to Settings->Forwarding . Select Forward a copy of incoming mail to xxxxx@way2sms.com and click Save
5- Login in Way2sms and Go to Settings -> Mails Alerts . Select Alert me whenever an email reaches my inbox. In time settings select All 7 days and Round the clock. Click Save and Activate

This the way it works

Mail reaches----->Gmail------>Forwarded to Way2sms mail -------> Mail alert to your mobile by sms

Note :- You need to renew in way2sms every week to continue the service.

So be in touch with your mails even if you are away from internet.
Hw z it ?????

2 comments:

On April 3, 2009 at 10:40 PM , Illeen said...

most awesome..very useful.

u sud ve posted this lot earlier geekie

 
On August 21, 2012 at 7:29 PM , Unknown said...

The best way to get email alerts on mobile phone via sms is to use 3rd party service. weekwill.com allows you to receive email notifications on mobile through SMS. I tried it and it works perfect for me.

 
Blogging Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory Add to Technorati Favorites Technology blogs Add to Google Blog Flux Directory tracker

Kontera Tag